Monday, May 13, 2013

Bella's Cake

So it's time for Bella's Birthday again and I wanted to make something really special for her.
I saw what they call a Petal Cake online and decided I would try it!
 here are the shades i decided to us since her theme is Doc Mcstuffins
 here is the icing in the piping bags
 here is my cake with a crumb coat already on it.
 I started piping dots from the bottom.
then i flattened each dot and slid the knife to the right. 
 I kept doing that all the way around the cake!

 when i got to the top of the cake i just did the same thing
this time working inward toward the center to give it a flower effect.
i think it came out pretty nice considering i had never done that before!
it was however very time consuming but i didn't mind doing for my little Anabella Star!!

1 comment:

  1. wow~ you did an awesome job Ana! It looks professional to me! (Demitria)

    ReplyDelete